Cooking for 6 every night has taken a lot of the romance out of cooking for me but I do like to reinvent recipes so they are really easy and cheap. Here’s my spaghetti bolognese recipe or spag bog as we call it in our family. This one is good for camping too because the soup comes in a can. It’s simple, easy and cheap, yet still yummy and the kids love it.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 onion (diced)
1 tablespoon coriander or oregano (dried)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
500 grams lean mince
1 can (425 grams) condensed tomato soup
Water (as required)
Spaghetti (cooked as per packet instructions)
Cream cheese, Parmesan cheese & Parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil in saucepan.
2. Add onion and cook for 1 min.
3. Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
4. Add mince and brown.
5. Add tomato paste and coriander and cook for 1 min.
6. Add condensed soup and simmer for 10 minutes. Add water if required.
7. Place cooked spaghetti in the bottom of a bowl. Add bolognese sauce to top. Garnish with a dollop of cream cheese and a sprig of parsley.
8. Serve with salad or vegetables.
The bolognese sauce is rich so only a little mince is require and it holds nicely to the pasta. If you have an easy spaghetti bolognese recipe variation, leave it in the comments below. I’d love to try it!