Hey, hey! November is almost here, and it becomes less weird to do Christmas stuff, yes? Well, I made a few adorable Christmas tree decorations using ribbon this week, to start off the festive season. The idea was inspired by a sewing extraordinaire who blogs about many of her projects, but there were no instructions on how to make the ribbon Christmas trees (and I don’t sew). They looked simple enough, and make wonderful teacher gifts, Christmas tree decorations, or simply to decorate the house.
- 8 – 15 Beads (largish)
- 30 – 40 cm of ribbon (at least 1.5 cm wide)
1. Cut a length of cotton and thread on a bead. I used a larger bead for the base. Secure the bead using beading methods, or for not-so-crafty people like me, thread the cotton through the bead a few times and complete with a knot.
2. Start with about 6 cm of ribbon, and fold over. Push the needle up through the centre.
3. Add a bead.
4. Fold the ribbon back, making it sit just a little in from the last layer.
5. Thread the needle in the centre.
6. Repeat steps 3 to 5 until you have a Christmas tree shape! Finish off with a bead at the top, and secure it with a knot.
The Ribbon Christmas Tree decorations are fairly easy to make, once you get the hang of it. I think my older girls (9 and 11) would be capable of making them.
Other Easy Bead Tree Decorations