I’m welcoming Amanda from Simple Home Cook is back to the blog with an easy lemon cheesecake recipe. Check out her Apricot Chicken Curry recipe too.
Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
Skip the fruitcake this Christmas & try this refreshing lemon cheesecake instead!
This is another recipe from my cookbook Simple Home Cook. It is no doubt the easiest & most delicious cheesecake I have ever made. Using minimal ingredients, it is the perfect recipe for any BBQ, party or family dinner. Make it ahead of time to avoid spending time in the kitchen when you have guests – just take it from the fridge & eat! Put it on your menu this summer.
200g plain sweet biscuits (Milk Arrowroot, Marie biscuits etc.)
100g butter, melted
500g cream cheese,softened
2 x 400g tins condensed milk
1 pkt lemon jelly crystals
¾ cup boiling water
½ cup lemon juice
Strawberries or kiwi fruit to decorate
1. Spray the inside of a 22cm springform tin with oil. Line the base & sides with baking paper as shown below.
2. Place half the biscuits in a large zip lock bag & roll with a rolling pin until crushed to a fine crumb consistency. Repeat with remaining biscuits. This can be done in a food processor or Thermomix to save time.
3. In a large bowl, combine crushed biscuits & melted butter. Mix well. Pour into base of tin & press down firmly. Chill in fridge or freezer while you complete the following steps.
4. Rinse out bowl used in step 3. Add cream cheese & beat with an electric mixer. Gradually add condensed milk, beating until smooth.
5. In a small bowl, combine jelly crystals & boiling water. Stir until crystals are dissolved. Add lemon juice & stir to combine. Gently add this to the cream cheese mixture & beat until combined.
6. Pour over chilled base & refrigerate to set. Overnight is best (minimum time is 5 hrs). Prior to serving, decorate with strawberries or kiwi fruit.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have released a new cookbook called ‘Simple home cook’ which is available at www.simplehomecook.com.au. I also have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.