If you’re looking for an uber easy way to decorate a birthday or even cake quickly, name bunting is fab. It’s a slightly different take on my regular Washi Tape Bunting Tutorial.
- 2 x Kebab Sticks
- Permanent Marker
- Washi Tape (I used Scotch Expressions Washi Tape)
- Twine – half a metre
2. Tie a piece of twine between two kebab sticks about 1-2 cm from the top. The sticks should be spaced just less than the circumference or length of the cake. Trim off any excess twine from each side of the sticks, allowing for a little overhang.
3. Cut sections Washi Tape about 8cm in length. This doesn’t need to be perfect because the tape will be trimmed. You will need one section of tape for each letter in the word. If the name is too long, you can make two lengths of string. Fold a section of tape in half over the twine, starting from the left side of the length of string. Continue this process until the flags are finished. The name flags should sit in the middle; it’s easy to slide the flags into place if you need to.
4. Trim the flags to the same length.
5. Cut a small V shape at the bottom of each flag.
6. So it looks like this.
7. Write the letters on with permanent marker (or you can use letter stickers)
8. Insert the sticks into the cake and you’re done!
Just a really simple cake idea for birthdays, baby showers, adult birthdays, special morning tea/afternoon tea or any occasion really!