If you’re scrambling for ideas for teacher’s gifts, or you want to make some “just in case” gifts to keep on hand, you can’t go past these simple Christmas bath salts. They smell and look wonderful, and are simple enough for children to make with minimal supervision. They are also divine to bathe in!
Epsom salts, 1kg pack
peppermint essential oil
red or green food colouring
glass jar – washed and dried jam jars work perfectly
All of these items are available from your local supermarket.
1. Divide the Epsom salts between two bowls.
2. In the first bowl, add a cap full of glycerine and several drops of peppermint essential oil. Agitate to combine and leave to dry.
3. In the second bowl, add a cap full of glycerine, several drops of peppermint essential oil and several drops of food colouring. Agitate to combine and leave to dry.
4. Once your salts are dry (allow to dry overnight for best results), you can begin to layer them evenly in your jars.
5. Finish by tying with festive ribbon and adding a matching candy cane for decoration. You could also add a gift tag with instructions for use.
Health benefits of Epsom salts
Did you know that bathing in Epsom salts is said to relieve pain and reduce inflammation, as well as replenishing the levels of magnesium in the body? Combined with a little peppermint essential oil, it is the perfect pick me up after a frantic day of Christmas shopping!