- 1 ½ cups of sweet corn kernels (fresh corn is so yummy – need about 2 ears, but I often use frozen corn in this recipe)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- ¼ cup plain flour
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten*
- Vegetable/canola oil, for frying
* Note: If I’m making these for the lunch box, I add another egg which makes the finished product less delicate. In the pictures below, you can see the stacked corn fritters on the left are made with 2 eggs (for the lunch box) and the stack on the right are made with 1 egg (when I serve it for dinner).
1. Fry onion in oil until translucent.
2. Remove onion from pan and combine with all ingredients in a bowl.
3. Carefully plop a heaped tablespoon of mixture into shallow oil in a hot frying pan and flatten slightly. Cook for a 2-3 minutes (until golden) and carefully turn with an egg flip. Cook on the other side for a few minutes until golden. Delicious served with sour cream.
Variation: Add diced bacon