We bought some lovely big canvases (marshmallows) at Costco for roasting last week so thought we’d decorate them with paint (coloured milk). It was so much fun and worked better than we expected! The trick is to use thin paint brushes with a fine tip. We bought ours at Daiso for $2.80 in a pack of 4. It felt like painting with watercolours and my daughter had fun drawing creative designs.
Plastic shot glasses (or other small containers)
Food colouring, various colours
White marshmallows (the bigger the better)
Paper plate (not essential but handy for clean up)
1. Divide milk (shot glass sized or a couple of tablespoons) into separate containers, and add 6-10 drops of colouring. The more drops the deeper the colour.
2. Use your imagination! We made a traffic scene, a person skewer and some love notes.
3. Allow to try before eating or roasting.
The paint dries well and this is what it looks like the day after.
- These could be a fun sleepover or birthday party craft.
- They could even double as a party favour. Kids can take them home wrapped in a plastic bag tied with a ribbon.
- School holiday craft.
- Family night activity.
- Birthday cakes