This is an uber easy game you can whip up for travel, or just to stick in your handbag to keep kids occupied during those waiting times.
Cardboard (milk bottle lid stencil)
Zip Lock Bag
1. Cut a piece of paper to the size of the zip lock bag, so it fits snug inside the bag. Draw lines to create a grid with 9 spaces. Insert inside flat inside the zip lock bag.
2. Use a milk bottle lid as a stencil to make the counter pieces on thick cardboard (I use the side of a box). You need 10.
3. Draw 5 x O and 5 x X on the cardboard counters.
4. Throw the counters inside the bag for travel, and when kids want to play, take the counters out, but leave the grid inside the bag (no need to take it out because you can see the grid through the bag).
5. Once the game is finished, just put the counters back inside the bag and it’s ready for next time.