Are you ready for this recipe? I hope so because it is easy to make sure to impress adults and kids alike. It is not a recipe I made all the time given the high sugar content but every now and then makes me enjoy it even more. Check out the ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’ facebook pages for more recipes like this.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
- 250g pkt milk arrowroot biscuits (or other sweet biscuit)
- 2 cups rice bubbles
- 125g butter
- 400g tin condensed milk
- 2 Tbspn cocoa
- 185g pkt maltesers, cut in half
- 200g white chocolate
- Line a slice tin (18cm x 28cm) with baking paper.
- Place biscuits in a zip lock bag & crush with a rolling pin to a fine crumb consistency. This can also been done in a food processor or thermomix to save time. Pour into a large bowl along with the rice bubbles & ¾ cup halved Maltesers.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add butter, condensed milk & cocoa. Whisk until melted together & smooth. Cook for 1 minute then set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly.
- Pour over dry ingredients & mix until combined. Press into tin.
- Break white chocolate into a bowl & heat in microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring each time until smooth.
- Pour over slice. Press remaining maltesers into the chocolate. NOTE: if you intend to refrigerate or freeze the slice for longer than 1day, press the maltesers into the chocolate with the cut side down. They will stay crunchy. Refrigerate/freeze until set.
Tips: to keep your white chocolate glossy & stop it from cracking, add 1 Tbspn melted copha to the melted chocolate prior to pouring onto slice.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.