Cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts but I only make it for special occasions. This is because it is too dangerous for a whole cheesecake to be sitting in our fridge at home. My husband doesn’t eat it so I will work my way through it piece by piece until the whole thing is gone. Then I berate myself for being such a guts. A much better alternative is to make a smaller (but equally tasty) cheesecake slice.
This one is so easy to make and a small piece satisfies the sweet craving. It would be advisable to have someone to share it with though as you may find the whole slice disappear before you know it.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Passionfruit Cheesecake Slice
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, melted
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 400g tin condensed milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 passionfruit
Method – Base
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line a slice tin (18cm x 28cm) with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, sift flour and add coconut and sugar. Mix well.
- Add melted butter and stir until combined.
- Press into tin. Bake in preheated oven for 15 mins or until golden. Remove from oven & refrigerate until cool.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add condensed milk & beat until smooth.
- Whilst beating, gradually add lemon juice. This will thicken the mixture so keep beating until you can see this happen. Add passionfruit pulp and mix through. I let it sit on my bench until the base cooled and the mixture thickened up noticeably during this time.
- Spread over cooled base & refrigerate until set. This will take around 5 hours but the longer you leave it, the better. Cut to size.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.