Instead of throwing coffee pods away, why not recycle them for the kids to make some fun creatures? Today I’m going to show you how we made a coffee pod lion using a few simple craft materials that we had on hand from previous projects.
This coffee pod craft is great for:
- Imaginary Play
- Party Décor
- Party Craft Activity
- School Holiday Craft Activity
- Just for fun
- 1 Empty Coffee Pod (empty the granules of coffee into the rubbish bin or use it on the garden, don’t empty in the sink)
- 2 Googley Eyes
- 1 Piece of Yellow Felt
- 2 Brown Pipe Cleaners
- 1 Small white pom pom
- 2 Medium brown pom poms
- 1 Sharpie Pen, Scissors and Craft Glue
1. Cut a small square from the felt and glue this to the coffee pod as the base for the lion’s body.
2. Stick the googley eyes and small white pom pom to the felt.
3. Connect the two brown pipe cleaners by twisting the ends together.
4. Crimp the pipe cleaners into a zig zag shape to create the lion’s mane.
5. Hook the pipe cleaner mane around the capsule. You may need to bend the mane underneath the bottom of the coffee pod so the lion will sit flush on the table.
6. Use a sharpie pen to draw on a mouth and whiskers. Glue the two brown pom poms for paws.
If you’re looking to make other crafty creatures why not make: