Hi again, Amanda from ‘Simple home cook’ back to share another recipe with you.
My opinion – slices are awesome! They are quicker than making cookies and much easier than cakes. This one only takes a few minutes to throw together and your kids will love it. You don’t even have to feel guilty eating it either as it nice and healthy.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
- 2 ½ cups pitted dates (350g)
- 1 cup raw cashews (130g)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 Tbspn sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbspn water
- Line a slice tin (18cm x 28cm) with baking paper.
- In a food processor or thermomix, all ingredients. Process until mixture starts to clump into a ball.
- Tip mixture into the tray and use your hands to press down firmly. Sprinkle the top with extra coconut.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or until hard. Slice into pieces and store in the fridge.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.