Whenever I come up with a craft for my girls to do, it is usually inspired by what I have on hand in the craft box. Our craft box has an array of felts, paddle pop sticks, cupcake liners, pipe cleaners and beads. I keep all of the kid’s craft supplies in a tub, on a shelf, so they can’t raid the box when they like and make a huge mess.
My younger two daughters have loved seeing their photos lately so I thought how cool would it be for them to make themselves as a mini person using the crafts I have on hand and a paper photo print out of their face. This craft is fun, a little bit fiddly with the pipe cleaners, but the end result had my girls ecstatic to see themselves as mini people. The added bonus is the kids will want to play with them after they’ve made a mini caricature of themselves.
- Imaginary play
- Just for Fun
- School Holiday Fun
- Fun Family Project
- Fine Motor Skills
- Paddle Pop Stick
- Pipe Cleaners
- Cupcake Liner
- Craft Glue
1. Fold the pipe cleaner in half and cut it.
2. Take one half of the pipe cleaner and wrap it around the top half of the paddle pop stick for the arms. Roll the ends of the paddle pop stick for hands.
3. Take the other half of the pipe cleaner and wrap it around the bottom half of the paddle pop stick for legs. Bend the ends upwards for feet.
4. Glue the felt triangle, connecting the arms and legs on the paddle pop stick.
5. Cut the face from a printed paper photo of your child. It doesn’t matter if it’s rough.
6. Glue the round face to the cupcake liner.
7. Glue the cupcake liner to the top of the paddle pop stick.
8. If your little person doesn’t want a dress, you could make a t-shirt by cutting a ‘T’ shape from a piece of felt.
After we completed our little paddle pop stick people, the girls decided to lay more felt out for their mini me’s to go to sleep.
Of course, when their older sister came home from school, we had to make one of her.
Other Paddle Pop Stick Craft