Hi everyone! Amanda from ‘Simple home cook’ here. My recipe today is one for the parents out there.
Everything we do is geared around our kids and sometimes we forget to look after ourselves. I am guilty of this – especially at breakfast time. The morning rush is a pretty busy time and I often leave the house and realise that I haven’t had breakfast.
These muffins are great to keep in the fridge and you can take a couple on your way out the door (or even put them on a plate and eat them like a civilised person….).
I’ll admit that my kids turned their noses up at these because of all the veges included but it didn’t bother me as I made them for me this time and they are loaded with goodness and a great way to start the day.
Amanda (Simple home cook)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups finely chopped veges
- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken or bacon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour a 12 hole muffin tin (very well) to ensure the muffins don’t stick to the pan.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, milk and salt and whisk to combine.
- Evenly spoon the finely diced veges into each muffin hole to ensure muffins have a similar amount of veges in each one. Pour the egg and milk mixture into each hole to approx. ¾ full. You can even add some grated cheese to the top of each one if you like.
- Bake in preheated oven for approx. 20 mins or until cooked through. Let sit for 5 mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in fridge in airtight container.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.