Hi again, Amanda from ‘Simple home cook’ here. Do you often get told at the last minute – “oh mum… I have to bring a plate to school tomorrow” or get caught out at the last minute when you need to bring a birthday cake or cupcakes to school? I have, more than once! This recipe is perfect for these times – pantry ingredients, 10 mins to throw together then 35 mins to bake.
I just bake it in a slice tin and it does the job with absolutely no complaints. Done!
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Easy Everyday Vanilla Cake
- 200g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ¼ cups self- raising flour, sifted
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line a slice tin (18cm x 28cm) with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients. Make sure butter is softened to room temp but not melted.
- With an electric mixer, beat on low for 30 seconds. Then increase and beat on high for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Pour into slice tin & spread out evenly. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 mins or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven & leave to cool in tin. Slice into pieces.
- Dust with icing sugar when cool.
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a facebook page called ‘Simple home cook’ where I share my recipes which will get you through your busy week that won’t break your budget. Please head over and check out my FB pages ‘Simple home cook’ and ‘ALDI home cook’.