Amanda (Simple home cook)
Novelty cookies are fun and a good way to liven up the standard biscuit.
Fun Cookies – Footy Players
It’s footy finals time so let’s take the opportunity to turn some ordinary cookies into little footy players holding a ball. I made these when my k1010ids were at school and they were stoked when they got home and saw them. They are super easy but really effective.
- 125g butter, melted
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 ¾ cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Almonds and chocolate buds
- Writing icing (optional)
- In a large bowl, add melted butter, sugar, eggs & vanilla & whisk until combined.
- Stir in flour & baking powder until a soft dough forms.
- Preheat oven to 200o Line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface approx ½ cm thick. Cut out teddies or people shapes.
- Place on baking trays. Place one almond or chocolate bud in the centre of each player and bend their arms around the ball. Bake in preheated oven for 6 – 8 mins or until golden. Remove from oven & allow to cool completely.
- Decorate the faces with writing icing.
Post written by Amanda Arnold.
My name is Amanda and I am passionate about simple, quick and affordable recipes that anyone can make. I have a new cookbook called ‘Simple home cook – back for seconds’. To check it out, please visit www.simplehomecook.com.au