I love this time of year when we can start to do fun craft around Christmas. I don’t enjoy the mess though. But embrace it I do because it’s Christmas and it’s fun and we’re making memories.
A fun craft that my three year old enjoyed putting together are these Christmas cup crafts. We made a Rudolph and an angel out of two white cups. This craft is so easy and very little materials are needed, so the mess is kept to a minimum.
- School holidays
- Imaginative play
- Christmas tree decoration
- White cups
- Pipe Cleaners
- Sharpie pen
- Red Pom Poms
- Googley eyes
Instructions – Rudolph Cup
1. Glue eyes and red pom pom onto the face of the cup.
2. Cut a pipe cleaner in half and cut a small piece from each half. Fold the top of the pipe cleaner to create an antler.
3. Wrap around the smaller part of pipe cleaner to make the underside of the antler.
5. Tape the antlers inside the cup.
6. Draw a mouth under the pom pom nose
7. Fill the cup with lollies and hand out to friends for Christmas.
Instructions – Angel Cup
1. Fold paper doily in half.
2. Create a halo out of a pipe cleaner.
3. Tape the halo to the back of the cup.
4. Fold a paper doily and glue this over the back of the halo.
5. Add hair and eyes to the front of the cup. I used a foam hair sticker from a craft pack from Kmart. You can draw hair on your angel instead.
5. Angel is ready to be played with or placed on the Christmas tree.