Guest post from McKenzie’s Foods
Shortbread is one of those simple recipes that is a winner. Make it a bit special by shaping the biscuit into hearts. Below are instructions how to do it.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Cooking Time: 45 mins.
- 225 plain flour, sifted
- 115g McKenzie’s Rice Flour
- 115g caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 225g butter, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 150oC. Grease a baking tray.
- Combine sieved flour, rice flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Rub in butter and knead gently until a smooth dough forms.
- Transfer onto a floured surface and cut out using heart-shaped cookie cutters.
- Place onto greased tray and prick with a fork. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until light golden. Allow to cool.