Brought to you by Feld Entertainment
The longer I parent, the more I value gifting experiences to my children (over material things) and building memories with them. As I look back, I realise it’s the experiences we have together that the children remember for years to come, and the shared memories become like a glue that holds us together. So, I am always on the lookout for fun family experiences to share on the blog and….I’m excited to announce that Disney on Ice has released its 2018 tour dates. I’m so excited about this show. Our family LOVE Disney!
Disney On Ice is celebrating 100 Years of Magic this year and the show promises to be the most magical of all! The tour dates are below.
Tickets on sale NOW at www.Ticketek.com.au/DisneyOnIce
2018 National Tour Dates
About the Show
The 2018 tour of Disney On Ice will bring to life more than 14 timeless Disney tales including Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Toy Story, The Lion King, Finding Nemo, Frozen and more. Sing-a-long to over 30 of your favourite Disney songs including “Let It Go!” “You’ve Got A Friend in Me,” and “Hakuna Matata.” 100 Years of Disney Magic is about celebrating the legacy of Disney as a family. Take a look at some of these snippets.
Shelley Craft on Investing in Childhood Memories
Queenslander, TV personality and mother of two, Shelley Craft returns as the national ambassador for Disney On Ice. Last year, BAFM writer Bec and her daughter had the opportunity to meet Shelley which was exciting. Shelley nails what is really special about this event: it’s about connection. Disney stories were special to Shelley as a child, and now she gets to share those same stories with her two daughters. Isn’t that what is so fun about Disney? It’s for everyone.
Below, Shelley shares her favourite ways to create and treasure childhood memories.
- Family Traditions. I love creating special experiences for our family that become our own traditions. Not only is it an opportunity to build lasting memories, but it is something that families can plan and enjoy time and time again – whether it’s doing something fun on the first or last day of the school term each year, creating a unique way to celebrate family birthdays, or attending an annual event or festival together.
- Be Present. Multi-tasking, technology and a busy mind can impact on quality time with children. As a frequent traveller with work, I try to be truly present when I’m at home with my family. I switch off the computer and mobile, and just focus on spending quality time at home with my girls.
- Shared experiences. Whether it’s attending a live event, riding bikes or baking a cake; sharing an activity or experience with children is such a great way to connect. I find that it can be the simplest thing – Milla and I do martial arts together! I get such great pleasure generating heartfelt memories.
- Less is more! We often get into the pattern of filling our lives with so many activities – and it can become exhausting. I like to pick an activity each weekend to do with my children, and not overshadow it by cramming in too much. I also apply the same idea when we go on holidays – so that we don’t return home worn out. It’s good to involve kids in choosing their favourites and adding them in.
- Capture moments. The saying that ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’ rings true in our household. Each year, I print a book for each girl with their artwork or certificates and birthday cards to chronicle each year. I do this for family holidays too. This way I can also visit my cherished images – those that really capture the year we had and the memories we shared. This is a wonderful way to relive special and everyday moments.
Produced by Feld Entertainment, Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic will open in Perth on 15 June 2018 and travels to Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Newcastle and Sydney through to 23 July. Tickets go on sale from 6 March 2018 at www.Ticketek.com.au/DisneyOnIce
Giveaway ended: Congratulation Tara!
Win 4 A-Reserve tickets for you to see Disney On Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic on in BRISBANE Friday 29 June at 7pm by answering this question in the comments below:
What is your strongest special childhood memory?
Giveaway will run from 10 March 2018 to 30 March 2018. Please read the full terms and conditions here.