If you have a large box lying around, you can easily turn it into a dollhouse for toys, or if you have toddlers, somewhere they can can in and sit. It’s easy, but there is a bit of a process which I will detail below.
- Strong Duck Tape
- Craft Knife (or scissors)
- Large Box
- Other recycled items
1. First thing is to tape the flaps of the box up (so the box is as tall as possible). So in the picture below, where the red tape is. At this point, the top of the box will be open.
2. Now cut one side of the box completely out so you are left with three sides. This will become the front of your dollhouse.
3. Take the cut out section and find the middle (length ways).
4. Cut in two pieces.
5. Tape the pieces back together. This will give your roof a good point.
6. Attach to the base section with strong tape.
7. Using another piece of cardboard, add a middle section for a two story dollhouse, and patch the back part of the roof. If you are making a little toddler spot, skip this step (you’re already done!), just put a few cushions in.
8. Now it’s time to dress the room with basics. Draw in windows and doors with permanent marker and cut scrap materials (do you have an old tea towel around?) for curtains and a rug.