My girls love rainbows. They are the first to point one out after there has been a storm or rain. They love to draw them or paint them. Even my youngest will request I sing the rainbow song at bedtime before she falls asleep. Rainbows are fun and colourful and will always bring a smile to your face. Well they certainly do for us.
My middle daughter has been home sick this week, so to fill in our days with creativity, rather than laying around watching movies, we got crafty with some coloured paddle pop sticks I had in the craft box. We created this cute rainbow with clouds and as my daughter described it, ‘glistening’ rain drops.
This craft is simple and fun to make. You could add eyes to the clouds if you want to give your rainbow a face.
- Craft Glue
- Coloured Paddle Pop Sticks (red, yellow, orange, blue, green and purple already pre-coloured)
- White cardboard
- Cotton Balls/white pom poms
- Smaller glittery pom poms
1. Draw a cloud shape on the white card and cut it out.
2. Line up your coloured paddle pop sticks for the rainbow. You could go by the rainbow song.
3. Glue each paddle pop stick onto the cardboard (ensure the white card is on top of your paddle pop sticks, facing forward)
4. Glue the cotton balls to the white cloud.
5. Add the glittery pom poms to the clouds.
6. Your finished product will look fabulous. It can be used for imaginative play when playing with Barbies, or displayed as décor in your child’s room.