I’m kind of obsessed with little kits for everything in my life. Like my Travel First Aid Kit, Camping Kit, Homework Kit and School Holiday Fun Kit. I like refining micro systems that make it easy for me to do things quickly and efficiently. I also have a mini first aid kit for my purse. Over the 17 years of parenting, I have found that I only need a few essential items for my bag.
Handbag First Aid Essentials
I like to keep things minimal in my handbag, and these items can fit in a tiny container, or even a coin purse or something like that.
- Plasters – variety of sizes/types (I have Nexcare waterproof & heavy duty varieties)
- Pain medication – plus antihistamine
- Tea tree oil – brilliant for cleaning scrapes and also for bites
- Cotton pads – just a few to help with cleaning
- Lip Balm – always need lip balm, good for rough skin on knees and elbows too
- Nail clippers – when children pay sport, it’s handy to have these with you (so many times I’ve had to do this on the run!)