Every Friday is my house cleaning day.
The floors are vacuumed and mopped. The bathrooms are cleaned and refreshed with new towels. Bedsheets are changed and a few loads of washing are put on and hung out on the line to dry.
While Friday is officially my day off from paid work, it’s still a day to get things done around the home in anticipation for the weekend ahead. I like to finish the week and start my weekend with a clean house. It doesn’t stay clean for long, but my weekly ritual satisfies my inner need for having a clean house at least one day a week.
Recently, my Fridays have been less ‘busy’ with household chores as I’ve outsourced the vacuuming and mopping to my ECOVACS ROBOTIC Deebot Ozmo 900.
It’s a robotic vacuum cleaner and mop which, with the press of a button on my app, will vacuum and mop my floor when I want. It’s the house cleaner I didn’t know I needed until I used it for myself.
What is the ECOVACS ROBOTIC Deebot Ozmo 900?
The Deebot Ozmo 900 is an integrated robotic vacuum cleaner, sweeper and mop in one. It can solve your cleaning needs and is efficient in cleaning your floors using intelligent navigation. The Deebot has laser scanning technology which scans the floor plan of your home and creates a virtual cleaning map. This map can be used to create boundaries for where the Deebot goes to clean your floors.
When you first unpack the Deebot Ozmo 900 it’s important to download the right app – ECOVACS HOME (available from the App Store or Google Play for both iPhone and Android). The app allows you to control when the Ozmo 900 starts up and the area it cleans. The app also notifiesyou when the cleaning iscomplete or if the vacuum gets into trouble.
When using WIFI to connect your phone to the Ozmo 900 ensure you select the 2.4GHz signal with your WIFI, as it won’t work on 5GHz. Keep your phonenear the Ozmo 900 when connecting the appliance to the app. Once they’ve been paired, you’re able to receive notifications from the Ozmo 900 and create a cleaning path for it to follow.
Navigating Your Home
I was impressed with the way the Ozmo 900 could get around our open plan home. I had worried how it would navigate through areas of our home, cleaning over rugs and moving over the different floor textures in our home. The Ozmo 900 moved with ease around the furniture and over the rugs as needed.
Prior to starting the Ozmo 900, it’s important to hide any tassels on rugs and block off areas where there are cords (office) that can get entangled underneath.
The main living areas of our home – the living room, kitchen, dining room, playroom and kids’ bathroom are the areas that require the most cleaning. I’ve been happy to outsource the cleaning of these areas to the Ozmo 900. It’s saved me time and sanity.
You can simply use the vacuum function only and select which suction function you need for the required cleaning. I used the main brush function first and then swapped to the direct suction option, which is the best choice for daily cleaning. It’s the perfect option for pet owners.
To use the Ozmo 900 mop function, fill the reservoir with water, add the mop pad and the Ozmo 900will vacuum from the front and mop at the back.
If there are rooms in your house that you prefer the Ozmo 900 not to clean, block them off with a door. Areas like stairs also need to be blocked off.
Placing the mop pad on the vacuum
The mop cavity
Maneuvering around the toilet
Can move along a variety of surfaces
There are so many benefits to owning theDeebot Ozmo 900. Here are a few game changers for me and why I think it’s better than hiring a house cleaner!
- The Ozmo 900 can be controlled and monitored from anywhere with the touch of the app. I say what it needs to do and off it goes. No questions asked!
- Quiet cleaning. If you want your floors to be cleaned after the kids go to bed, it quietly vacuums and mops, unlike manual vacuum cleaners which can be quite noisy.
- It saves time in cleaning. I’ve got two hours back into my week from simply outsourcing the floor cleaning to the Ozmo 900. You can also do midweek cleans or daily cleans if needed.
- It’s efficient. The slimline shape allows the Ozmo 900 to clean under lounges, TV cabinets and buffets – the dark and hidden crevices that can accumulate with dust, cobwebs and lone bits of food the kids didn’t want to eat. #sogross
- It fits into the tightest spots. Like a proud mother watching a baby crawl for the first time, I was super impressed with the way the Ozmo 900 maneuvered around dining chairs and in the bathroom under the wall vanity and toilet pan.
- It’s super smart. When the battery runs out, the Ozmo 900 makes its way back to the docking station to recharge.
- It helps with party clean ups. We entertain a lot. After having family over for Easter celebrations, the Ozmo 900 was put to work to clean crumbs and anythingthat dropped on the floor.
Points to Consider
- You have to allow the Ozmo 900 do its thing. There were times where it went over the same path and I was frustrated to see crumbs in an area… butit did get to those areas too. Take the same stance as watching a housecleaner or tradie. Don’t watch them. Just let them do what they need to do and it will do it. It works like a zigzag.
- It won’t completely replace your manual vacuum – especially in areas where there are cords under desks like the office or lamp cords/diffuser cords in the bedrooms. Like any vacuum, it can get clogged with larger items, so best to keep away from the kids bedrooms if they are prone to leaving LEGO or small toys on the floor.
- Sometimes it will need help if it gets stuck. This is where the app is awesome as you will get a notification if the Ozmo 900 is stuck or in trouble.
- While the mop certainly cleans, it doesn’t scrub. My floors are noticeably cleaner, but any harder marks will need to be scrubbed by hand or with a mop.
Once you try the Deebot Ozmo 900, you can’t go back. I love the smart features and it’s now become the housecleaning pet we didn’t know we needed. My floors have never looked so clean.
I use it twice a week or more if the kids have been particularly messy and it’s given me more free time on a Friday… I think it’s definitely worth the investment for busy parents.
If you’re looking for ways to add more time into your schedule and outsource the cleaning, you won’t be disappointed with the ECOVACS ROBOTIC Deebot Ozmo 900. It will be at your beck and call, any time of the day, whenever you need. Head to your nearest Godfreys for a demo.