If you’ve taken your kids to see the new Toy Story 4 movie, your kids may have been inspired to make their own Forky toy.
When I took my girls to see the movie last week, they were adamant about making Forky’s new friend, Knifey too. So here are the instructions to make your very own Knifey-inspired toy.
These craft inspired toys are based on recycling and using what you have in your home. We raided our craft box to come up with Knifey. Your dress might be different because you used green paper instead of yellow, or different embellishments on the dress. Let your kids have creative control over this craft. But, here are the basics for the craft.
- Plastic knife
- Googley eyes
- Yellow pipe cleaner
- Green pipe cleaner
- Yellow paper
- Paddle pop stick
- Bottle ring
- Clay in red, white and pink
- Craft glue (not pictured)
- Fold the yellow pipe cleaner in half and cut to create Knifey’s hair.
2. Glue hair onto knife and add arms. HINT: Place Bottle ring on knifey, before adding her hair. Add hair embellishment.
3. Glue eyes and mouth.
4 . Cut dress from paper and glue to knifey’s body. Add pink clay hem and paddle pop stick legs, using the white clay.
5. Glue embellishments on the bottom of the dress. Use sharpie to add eyelashes above and below eyes.
6. Once Knifey is made, you can create imaginative scenes with Forky.
Now, all that’s left to make is spoony, and we’ve already covered that on the blog here. 😉