I’ll be staying at Casa Daha in Seminyak, so you can follow my travels over on my Instagram page @beafunmum. I came across Villa Finder in my Internet travels (they facilitate booking private villas all around the world) I’ve heard fabulous things about Bali, for both families and small groups, so I’ll follow up in a couple of weeks with a review post about the villa experience, but about Bali in general.
Just to be transparent, Villa Finder organised a discount for me in exchange for an honest review, however, all views are my own. I was planning to travel for my 40th and I got chatting with the team at Villa Finder about my plans and it all happened from there. I’m so excited! Below are some pics from the villa but I’ll do a proper review in a few weeks once I’m back. I enjoy the organising phase before travel, so let me take you through some of the items I’m packing.
I’m a terrible over-packer! I’m trying to keep things a little simpler. I only have this carry on bag, and then I’m sharing one suitcase (checked in) with my two friends (who need to bring their computers for work). Plus, I want some space to bring home some gifts for the kids.
Favourite Travel Clothes/Items
I have packed:
- 2 x shorts
- 3 x dresses – Favourite Travel clothes are from Bamboo Body (read more about their new collection here and my capsule wardrobe here) &
- 3 x tops
- 2 x swimmers
- 2 x pants (I will wear one the plane and the other is a beach pant)
- 1 x Kimono (for over swimwear or to wear with clothes)
- 2 x scarves
- 1 x small string backpack for day trips
- My purse (that I wear as a small bag/holds my
passsporttoo — find more about it here)
- 2 x shoes — Mox Flats & Crocs Wedges
- Power adapter
Below are some of my favourite products I like to travel with. These are all in travel size.
- Skinstitut sunscreen is fabulous! It’s 50+.
- I love all L’Occitane products, and they often have travel sizes too. The almond shower oil is incredible! I also love the almond hand cream.
- I always like to travel with dry shampoo — it’s so handy. I got the Klorane brand in travel size.
- Hand sanitizer is a must! The ones from Bath & Body Works smell delicious!
Norwexface cloth I find is the best for getting make upoff, and so easy to travel with.
Just a tip, especially if you are taking these sorts of items in your carry-on, put all the liquids in a zip lock bag and then pop that inside your regular beauty bag, so it is easy to just pull out the liquids when you go through security at the airport.
I do like to bring some make up/beauty products, but I just keep it minimal.
A tip for foundation/powder, use little sample pots for both liquid and powder foundation.
I recently came across PressPlay cosmetics, which is essentially
As you can see, it’s really slimline, so doesn’t take up much space and has a good range of products. You can build your own kit or buy ready made kits. If anyone is interested, I can do a bit more of a review once I’ve given it a bit of a work out to see what I think.