Does your family collect empty toilet rolls?
Since March and the lockdown which followed, I’ve kept many recyclables for craft projects.
I figured, if we can’t go out and about let’s occupy our minds and test our creativity with craft. It’s amazing what we can be made from whatever is collected in our recyclable bin.
These mini houses could be dubbed as fairy houses, however, we have no fairies to occupy them.
But LEGO and other miniature figurines can be used for play with these mini houses.
This is the perfect craft to get the kids making their own house and working out who will live in it. I love craft projects which lead to imaginative play because it extends the craft experience.
- Empty toilet rolls
- Paint and pain brush
- Glue/Sticky Tape
- Cupcake cases
1. Choose your cupcake case liner for the roof. Place it onto of the roll so you know where to draw your design. You don’t want the roof to cover over a high window, for example.
2. Draw the windows and door using a sharpie or paint and paintbrush. The sharpie gave a more defined design.
3. Glue the cupcake case to the roll so it won’t blow away when played with.
4. Decorate the house with stickers.
5. Set up the mini houses to create a village so your kids can play.