This is my quicker-than-takeaway chicken curry dinner, adapted from my cousin’s recipe.
Easy Chicken Curry Recipe
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 to 1 BBQ chicken
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
4 cups of milk
2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
4 tablespoons plain flour
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
Cracked pepper to serve
1. Cook diced onion in butter until translucent.
2. Break up BBQ chicken into strips and add to onion.
3. Add corn and peas and stir for 3 minutes.
4. In a bowl (or I use a mug), add curry powder, flour, salt and chicken stock powder and mix with a little water to make a paste.
5. Pour milk over chicken mixture and bring to boil (stir gently).
6. Add paste to the chicken mixture and stir until thick.
7. Sprinkle parsley and crack fresh pepper on top.
8. Serve with rice, pasta or noodles.
How easy is that? All you need to do it pick up a BBQ chicken and the rest you should have in the pantry and freezer. This meal freezes well so make a big batch and stick it in the freezer for rainy day.
Cherie’s Chicken Curry Recipe Sheet (click for PDF)