Around Easter time, Jesus’ death and resurrection is especially remembered and the symbol of the egg represents new life.
This cracked egg craft is easy and fun.
Paddle pop sticks
New Life Egg Template (click here, New Life Egg Template, for printable template)
1. Print out the New Life Egg Template.
2. Colour (or glue feathers) over egg and chick.
3. Cut out top cracked egg.
4. Sticky tape two paddle pop sticks together to make a long stick.
5. Cut along dotted line. Tip: to avoid ripping, place sticky tape over line on the front and back before cutting.
6. Sticky tape the long paddle pop stick at the back of the top cracked egg. Tip: I’ve placed a dot on the template as a guide.
7. Insert the long paddle pop stick into the cut section.
Click here for a simple lesson you can do with your own children to enrich this craft and put it into context.