I’m pleased to introduce the Be A Fun Mum Cards: Imagine . Inspire . Enjoy.
My daughters and I brainstormed fun activities and positive rewards, and the end result is the Be A Fun Mum Cards.
How to use the Be A Fun Mum Cards
1. Print, laminate, cut and place in a Glad Bag. Keep the cards in your handbag for positive rewards; like an IOU.
2. Use as a Lucky Dip to determine what to do.
3. Use as a reward for a child to work towards.
4. Use as flash cards to facilitate word learning.
5. Give as a birthday gift.
6. Make a story sequence (great for times a child has to wait).
How NOT to use the Be A Fun Mum Cards
1. As constant bribery. I believe children (and adults) should learn to do things because it’s right, not merely to recieve a reward. I mostly reward my children when they least expect it; that is, when it’s obvious their attitude is right. Bribery is okay; I do it myself. Bribery was one of the many things I said I would never do when I became a Mother but that went right out the window with the first child; however, constant bribery is not a good idea.
2. Not following through on a IOU promise.
Imagine . Inspire . Enjoy
Be A Fun Mum Related Posts
Little Billies: positive parenting tools
Magnetic Moves: smart charts for busy people