My sister and I enjoyed doing this craft activity together: Glass Meets Nature Wind-chime. It was simple to do and the finished product looked fantastic. The children were excited so I’m going to do one with them too but with old cutlery instead of ceramic shapes (see note below).
Stick (hunt the backyard for the perfect stick)
Ribbon (about a metre)
Glass Beads (think about texture and colour)
Clay or ceramic shape (or use cutlery)
1. Tie fishing line to a ceramic shape.
2. Tread a sequence of beads following the shape.
3. Repeat on four differing lengths of fishing line.
4. Tie beaded strings on the stick — an even distance apart.
5. Add ribbon to the stick and tie a bow at both each end.
TIP: You can use cutlery instead of ceramic shapes. Choose some with a hanging hole or use a steel drill to make a hole. Op-shops sell old cutlery cheap.