There is something simple, sweet and girlish about a flower head wreath. My husband had the day off work this day, so we decided to go for a drvie in the country. Our car broke down, right near a gorgeous patch of wildflowers. While we waited for roadside assistance to arrive, we made flower head wreaths. We didn’t mind the wait. Not at all.
How to Make a Flower Head Wreath
- String or Wool
- Wire Craft Circle Ring 20 cm: I purchased mine from Spotlight.
- Fresh or fake flowers
1. Lay the first flower along the outside of the circle.
2. Wind the stems of the flowers around the wire.
3. Keep in place by twisting a piece of string around the flower stems. Continuously lay flowers and wind wool around to keep it in place.
4. Repeat until the wire ring is covered in flowers.
What a beautiful time! Here are some pictures of our finished flower head wreaths.
We found these beetles. After googling, I think they may be Botany Bay Diamond Weevil Beetles (Chrysolopus spectabilis).
The warmer months in Australia is a the perfect time to get outside and enjoy the sunshine and the flowers.
Other Be A Fun Mum Outdoor Activity Posts