I’m always looking for super easy recipes to make with, and for my kids. Lynne contacted me recently to share her Easy Microwave Meringue Recipe. I tried it and it’s easy and delicious. It took only 5 minutes to make to completion! Great with fresh cream and fruit to make mini pavlovas.
Microwave Meringue Recipe
1 egg white (lightly whisked)
300 grams (12 ounces) of icing sugar
Food colouring of your choice (optional)
1. Lightly whisk the egg white, and then beat in ½ the icing sugar.
2. Add the remaining icing sugar to form a stiff paste.
3. Add colouring (optional) and divide into portions.
4. Break into pieces and roll into balls the size of 10 cent pieces. The meringues rise considerably.
5. Place in paper patty cases and put half of them in the microwave, cook on high for 1 ½ minutes.
6. Do the same for the other half.
Makes approximately 20, based on an 850 w microwave oven.