Slow Cooker Pumpkin Soup Recipe
I’ve been playing around with pumpkin soup recipes for a while now. This is my easiest, and most delicious effort yet.
- 1 large pumpkin (I like butternut the best)
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium sized potato
- 1 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cream (optional but delicious!)
2. Peel potato and cut into even sized pieces.
3. Peel carrot and cut into even sized pieces.
4. Dice onion.
5. Place all vegetables into slow cooker.
6. In a mug, mix stock and spices.
7. Fill mug with 1 cup of water and mix.
8. Add all liquid to the slow cooker.
9. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
10. Blend with an electric mixer and season with salt and pepper to taste.
11. Add cream if desired.
Note: I like my pumpkin soup thick and flavoursome. If you like, you can thin it by adding extra water, milk our cream and half the amount of spices you use.