A wonderful photo of your children can be just the thing for Father’s Day. There are so many crafts and gifts you can make with photos. Below are 5 ways you can take photos of children for Father’s Day.
If you are looking for tips on getting kids to smile for the camera, read my post here: Photographing Kids — Getting Kids to Smile for the Camera.
1. Canvas Photograph
Paint hand prints on a canvas and get the child/ren to hold it for the photo.
2. Holding Letters Photograph
Use letters are props for this photograph. You can use these types of props:
- Letter blocks
- Cut out letters
- Letters drawn on a page
- A sign with a message
3. Feet Photograph
I saw this gorgeous feet photograph idea on The Orgnaised Housewife blog. It was a fun picture to take with the kids because they thought it was hilarious. The lighting wasn’t fantastic but we still managed to get a decent shot. I had quite a few feet to write on but you can adjust the message to suit.
- Have the child/ren sit on the grass. The photographer should lie down on the grass to ensure the feet are in the forefront of the picture.
- Sit the children on a table with a tablecloth and crouch down to take the picture so the feet are in the forefront. Make sure you have the table where there is a nice background if possible.
If you have more than 6 kids, the word combination is huge!
4. New or Expecting Dad Photograph
Tie a bow on the baby or pregnant belly for a photograph.
5. Fun/Favourite Photograph with Dad
Get Dad to pose for a special picture with the kids.
To help celebrate the special men in your lives, I have 3 other posts filled with ideas.