Pencil Christmas Tree — A Novel Homemade Gift for the Teacher
School is almost finished again for another year. It’s time to think about the token gift for the children’s teachers. A teacher friend said the most special gifts she receives from students are homemade with a card of appreciation. With this in mind, I’ve created a craft/gift that I hope will be novel, fun and special for the teachers who have spent this year teaching my children.
Pencil Christmas Tree
Craft Glue or Glue Gun
Foam star (or small pom pom)
Ribbon or pipe cleaner
- Sharpen pencils so they have a nice point at the top.
- Arrange pencils in a tree shape as pictured.
- Using a knife, lightly mark the pencils in line with the shortest pencil so they are even at the bottom.
- Using the cut mark as a guide, use the knife to make a cut around the entire circumference on each pencil individually.
- Break off the end section, just below the cut, with your hands.
- Glue pencils together using craft glue.
- Add a foam star or pom pom to the top.
- Tie on a ribbon or pipe cleaner for easy hanging.
What to use it for
• Card: Glue the Pencil Christmas Tree down on a card and write all the things the child loves about the teacher inside.
• Make into a key/bag decoration
• Hang as a Christmas decoration
To see pictures of the entire range of Christmas Crafts on this blog, click here: Christmas Craft.
Christmas Advent CalendarNovember 22, 2011 at 1:46 pm
[…] Christmas Hand Print Wreath […]
Guest Post by My Daughter: Pencil Necklace TutorialOctober 3, 2012 at 12:09 am
[…] Pencil Christmas Tree […]
Miss Lassy | Christmas Craft Ideas for KidsDecember 2, 2013 at 2:47 am
[…] 10. Christmas Pencil Decoration Craft […]
Best Quick And Easy Christmas Crafts For Teachers | All CraftsJanuary 5, 2015 at 2:15 am
[…] source: […]
Christmas Cup Cakes Decoration Ideas - Get Recipe GalleryMay 28, 2016 at 1:12 am
[…] Christmas Craft: Pencil Christmas Tree Decoration […]