This is a handmade decoration to keep from year to year. The terracotta pot bell Christmas Tree decoration looks great and is a functional bell too.
- Mini Terracotta Pot
- Bell decoration (you can pick up a packet of these bells at a craft or discount shop)
- Bead (with a wide centre hole)
- Paint (optional)
- Permanent marker (optional)
1. Paint pot (if desired) and allow to dry.
2. Cut a length of ribbon approximately 15cm long. Thread the bead on to the ribbon and move to the centre. Then tie the bell on to the bead so it can hang down freely inside the upsidedown pot. This is important so the bell makes a sound when it is moved.
3. Thread both ends of the ribbon up through the hole in pot and tie the ends in a knot (as shown in the picture above).
4. Cut another length of ribbon to make a bow. Tie this ribbon over the knot, on the ribbon attached to the pot.
5. Write a name, date or message on the pot in permanent marker if desired.
- Gift for teachers, friends, relatives
- Christmas concerts
- Christmas Tree decoration
- Craft for kids and adults
- Christmas table name place tags (doubles as a gift to take home)
To make a plastic cup bell, click here for the tutorial: Plastic Cup Bell Christmas Craft
To view the entire range of Christmas Crafts on this blog, click here: Christmas Craft.
To view the entire range of handmade Christmas Tree Decorations, click here: Handmade Christmas Decorations.
CraftyMummyDecember 12, 2011 at 1:46 pm
Cute and easy! Love it!
Kelly Be A Fun MumDecember 12, 2011 at 1:55 pm
Cute and easy is totally my style! HA!
karliSeptember 30, 2013 at 8:07 pm
These are fabulous. I have two in my box of Christmas decorations that my mother made when I was a kid.
Helen MurchieOctober 31, 2013 at 8:51 am
Just wondering where you get the mini terracotta pots from.
Kelly Be A Fun MumOctober 31, 2013 at 9:43 am
Helen, I can’t remember where I got it (was a while ago) but I would try Spotlight, or if you google mini terracotta pots you can find them online, like here http://www.potsrusonline.com.au/product438/detail/mini-terracotta-pots/
They are very cute!
15 Idee per Lavoretti di Natale con Vasetti di Terracotta | PianetaBambini.itDecember 10, 2015 at 12:44 am
[…] Visto su beafunmum.com […]