This Wool Easter Egg looks adorable and homey! It’s quite easy to make; the only tricky part is keeping the wool on the glue as you wind it around the egg. For younger children, I would do the wool part, and allow it to dry before giving it to the child to decorate. I used a foam egg because it’s light and sits up well but decorating a hard boiled egg with wool works too.
Wool (your choice of colour). I used pastel rainbow wool for this tutorial.
2 x google eyes
Foam or cardboard for feet and beak. Use the below picture as a visual guide.
Tacky Craft Glue (DO NOT use regular craft glue on foam as it will corrode)
1. Cover egg with glue.
2. Starting from the base of the egg, lay the wool in a spiral, continuing down the egg until it’s covered.
3. Add google eyes, beak, feet and feather.
Use different colour wool for a different look.
Use a plastic egg and double-sided tape for a easy mess free option.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- My School Year Printable - December 7, 2017
- Tips for Planning an Awesome Family Holiday Using TripAdvisor - December 7, 2017
- DVD Case Colouring Kit - December 6, 2017
- Download Movies on Netflix for Travelling - December 5, 2017