I caught up with a lovley friend last week and she gave me this easy and delicious recipe: Baked Honey Mustard Chicken. Wow! Talk about yum! The entire family loved it. It’s quite rich which means it goes a long way.
1 onion (diced)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1 tblsp seeded mustard (optional)
2 tsp curry powder
6 chicken breasts (I cut mine into large strips)
Salt & Pepper
1. Place butter and onion in a frypan and cook for a few minutes.
2. Add honey, mustard, curry powder and salt & pepper to taste. Cook for a further few minutes.
3. Place chicken in an oven safe dish.
4. Pour honey mustard sauce over the chicken.
5. Bake in 180°C oven for 40 minutes, until golden.
6. Serve with rice, potato or pasta and vegetables.
Also work well in the slow cooker. Follow instructions 1 & 2 and then add chicken and honey sauce to the slow cooker. I cook on high for 3-4 hours.