My cousin gave me this beaut recipe. It’s one of those meals you can whip up quickly because all the ingredients, bar the BBQ chicken, can be stored in the freezer and pantry. This meal freezes well so it’s perfect for meal planning.
Chicken Curry Recipe
2 tablespoons butter
1 BBQ chicken
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen peas
4 cups of milk
2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
4 tablespoons plain flour
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
Variation: I used 2 cups of frozen peas, corn and carrots instead of 1 cup of frozen corn and peas
Chicken Curry Recipe — Method
1. Cook diced onion in butter until translucent.
2. Break up BBQ chicken into strips and add to onion.
3. Add corn and peas and stir for 3 minutes.
4. In a bowl, add curry powder, flour, salt and chicken stock powder and mix with a little water to make a paste.
5. Pour milk over chicken mixture and allow to boil.
6. Add paste and stir until thick.
7. Sprinkle parsley on top.
8. Serve with rice, pasta or noodles.
I tear the BBQ chicken roughly, and also add a little of the stuffing.
You can use whatever frozen vegetables you like. I used frozen peas, corn and carrot.
I use low fat milk.
Chicken Curry Recipe Sheet (click for PDF)