Today on the blog, I’m fortunate to have the lovely Ness from One Perfect Day Blog guest posting a sweet and easy Christmas craft. If you haven’t visited the blog yet, you’re in for a treat! It’s full of all sorts of creative ideas for kids.
I have been saving our glass bottles from baby food, jams and other condiments for a while now with the intention of turning them into something lovely. With Christmas coming up, we decided to decorate them and make some pretty tealight holders.
To make your own tea light holders, you will need:
1. Glass jars, emptied and washed
2. Craft glue
3. Double sided sticky tape
4. A paint sponge or paint brush
6. Stickers or other items for decoration
To make striped tealight holders:
1. Wrap rows of double sided tape around the glass jar.
2. Cover the double sided tape with glitter. We put the glitter into a bowl and used a plastic spoon to sprinkle the glitter over the jar.
3. Shake off the excess glitter and voila! A striped jar. I think it looks beautiful just like this, but we added some stickers that looked jewels in between the rows of glitter for some added sparkle. It’s Christmas after all. You can never have too much sparkle at Christmas!
To make glitter jars:
1. For the jar completely covered in glitter paint craft glue over the entire jar. We used a sponge applicator for this but a regular paint brush would work just as well.
TIP: Try to keep your layer glue fairly even with no thick patches so that your layer of glitter is smooth and the light from the candle will shine through beautifully. It’s also best to use glue that dries clear.
2. Next, sprinkle glitter over the entire jar, shake off the excess and you’re done. Add stickers or whatever embellishment you wish.
This was a fun and simple craft that my four year old son enjoyed so much. He loves the end result and we’ve been having candle lit dinners ever since we made these. I think we’ll make some more in colours that are not so Chrismassy so that we can use them all year round.
- Gifts for teachers
- Christmas table decoration
- Christmas craft
- For fun!
Ness is the creator of One Perfect Day, a site full of creative ideas for kids to play and learn, family recipes, and information about positive parenting and connecting with our children. She is also a contributor at KidsActivitiesBlog.com. Ness loves creating fun kids’ activities and has decided that permanently having paint under her fingernails and play dough in her hair is a fashion statement. You can find One Perfect Day on Facebook and Twitter or follow along on Pinterest.
Latest posts by Kelly - Be A Fun Mum (see all)
- My School Year Printable - December 7, 2017
- Tips for Planning an Awesome Family Holiday Using TripAdvisor - December 7, 2017
- DVD Case Colouring Kit - December 6, 2017
- Download Movies on Netflix for Travelling - December 5, 2017