This soup is hearty and filling. This recipe makes a big batch and it freezes well. Quick run down on how it went down with the family: I LOVED it; husband enjoyed it; my two eldest girls liked it; two youngest weren’t real fussed but ate it.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 cups vegetable stock or chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 3/4 cups lentils
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- Lemon juice & Coriander to serve
- Place onions, carrots, garlic, oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon and pepper in a large slow cooker.
- Add water, stock, cauliflower, lentils, tomatoes and tomato paste and stir until well combined.
- Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or low for 8 to 10 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, stir in spinach.
- Serve with coriander and a squeeze of lemon juice.
I served with flat bread.