These sturdy little boats take only a few minutes to make.
Small plastic bowl
Paddle-pop stick (or a twig works)
Large plastic container (optional)
Blue food colouring (optional)
How to make
1. Colour in the corner of a piece of A4 paper with a coloured texter in a isosceles (sail-like) triangle shape. Cut.
2. Glue the long side triangle sail to the paddle pop stick to make the sail.
3. Use blu-tack to attach the paddle pop stick inside the plastic bowl.
4. Float in the bath, the kitchen sink, a bucket of water or a large plastic container like we did. To make the water blue, add a few drops of blue food colouring (it’s diluted so doesn’t stain).
5. Race. Blow the boats to see who can get to the other side first. These boats can hold small toys too.