These pizza scrolls are the best. The kids and the husband LOVE then. I’ve never had a fail batch. Sometimes, I do a double batch and pop them in the freezer for school lunches.
Pizza Scrolls Recipe
310 g Luke warm water (1 1/3 cups)
1 sachet dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
510 g plain flour (3 1/2 cups)
30 g extra virgin olive oil (3 tablespoons)
200 grams Bacon bits
Dough Method (for Thermomix)
1. Add ingredients into the bowl as listed.
2. Mix on 6 for 12 seconds.
3. Lock lid and knead for 1.5 minutes.
4. Place dough in a bowl and cover with a clean tea towel. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
Dough Method (other)
1. Add ingredients as listed into a bowl.
2. Mix with a spoon until just combined.
3. Use hands to form a ball and knead for about 10 minutes.
4. Allow to rise in a bowl for 30 minutes (cover with a clean tea towel).
5. Remove dough from the bowl and punch down.
6. Form dough into a ball and roll out in a rectangle shape (use a bit of extra flour on the bench or board before rolling out to avoid sticking). Tip: The rectangle doesn’t have to be a perfect shape — as you can see from the picture below.
7. Cover rectangle with tomato sauce and sprinkle on desired amount of cheese and bacon bits (or whatever filling you want, like vegemite and cheese).
8. Starting from the small side of the rectangle, roll up the dough until you get to the end.
9. Using a bread knife, cut the scroll into 9 even sections and place on a baking paper lined tray. (NOTE: do not cut on a Thermomix mat as it will damage it. I took the picture on the mat before transferring it to a board.)
10. Allow to rise for 15-20 minutes.
11. Place tray in a cold oven and turn to 180°C to 190°C and cook until golden (about 15-20 minutes).
** Do not cut on a Thermomix mat or it will be damaged. I just did this for demo purposes and transferred the roll to a board to cut.
- Pizza Scroll
- Broccoli with mayo dip
- Mini muffin
- Puree fruit (in a Sili Squeeze)