I have my lunch box staples: stuff I know the kids like. I also like to mix things up sometimes and try new things I can (hopefully) add to my lunch box food repertoire. I found another one winner with my kids: a lunch box friendly (and nut free) trail mix.
Just three things in it:
- Pretzels, Popcorn & Sultanas
It’s a nice sweet/salty snack. Not amazingly nutritious but neither is it really nasty either.
Ham & Cheese Sandwich on multigrain
Popcorn, Pretzel & Sultana Trail Mix
I found this helpful article about building trail mixes with many different combination ideas (some with nuts, some with out).
- Pretzels, Popcorn & Cheerios
- Pretzels, Popcorn & Craisins
- Shredded Wheat Cereal, Sunflower Seeds & Goji Berries
- Brand flakes, Oats & Dried Apricot (cut up)
Sometimes I do only popcorn, or pretzels, or sultanas and sometimes all together. It all counts as lunch box options. Variety!!
Mini Quiche & Salad
100% Fruit Juice
* The lunch boxes are Bento Laptop Lunch Boxes and you can read my review of them in the link below.