This is the ultimate chocolate ripple cake but with a BIG difference – cherries and jam! Whack it all together and you have an absolutely delicious dessert. It doesn’t need to be perfectly assembled as it will all be hidden under the mountain of cream. You can also make a smaller cake by using only 1 packet of biscuits but if you are making for a group of people – use 2 packets. Enjoy!
Black Forrest Cookie Cake
600ml thickened cream
½ cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup pitted black morello cherries
2 x 250g pkt chocolate ripple biscuits
1 cup raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, beat cream, caster sugar & vanilla with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in cherries.
- Spread a biscuit with a generous amount of jam & a heaped teaspoon of cream.
- Sandwich 2 biscuits together & place upright on your plate. Repeat process with jam & cream, sandwiching biscuits together to make a log of approx. 14 biscuits long.
- Repeat process to make 3 logs, leaving 5 biscuits aside.
- Cover entire cake with cream. Crush remaining biscuits over the top of cake.
- Refrigerate overnight until set. Slice diagonally to serve.
More Recipes by Amanda
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am mum to 3 young kids and author of a new cookbook called ‘Food before 5’ and the Facebook page Aldi Home Cook.
‘Food before 5’ is a cookbook with 85 recipes that are easy, affordable and realistic for any home cook. It includes lunch boxes, starters & sides, main meals and desserts that can all be made ahead of time. It is the perfect tool for busy families with that afternoon school rush, people that like to cook in bulk and freeze, students learning to cook and basically anyone who loves simple, tasty recipes.