Here’s another great recipe from Amanda. Her recipes are designed family friendly to help take the edge off the evening strain.
ONE OF THE BEST PASTA BAKES YOU WILL EVER MAKE!! It is not the healthiest but the flavours are a match made in heaven and I can’t wait for you to try this. I would eat this every night if I could and my family wouldn’t complain (well…. initially they wouldn’t but they might after 2 weeks of it LOL!).
Kalamata olives are a great addition but you can use whatever ingredients suit your family.
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 25mins or 40mins
CHICKEN PASTA BAKE
400g dried pasta
500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
100g bacon pieces
3 cloves garlic, crushed
120g baby spinach leaves
3 Tbspn tomato paste
150g semi-dried tomatoes, diced
2 cups grated cheese
salt & pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to packet directions.
- While pasta is cooking, fry chicken, bacon & garlic in a frypan over high heat until chicken is just cooked through.
- Drain pasta & return to saucepan.
- In a jug, add tomato paste & cream together. Stir to combine. Add this to the pasta along with the chicken & bacon mixture, spinach, semi-dried tomatoes & 1 cup of grated cheese. Toss until combined. Season with salt & pepper.
- Pour mixture into a large baking dish & top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover & refrigerate until required.
- Preheat oven to 200oC. Cook, covered for 30 mins. Then uncover & cook for a further 10 mins. If cooking immediately after preparing, reduce cooking time to 20 mins covered, with a further 10 mins uncovered.
More Easy Dinner Ideas
Post written by Amanda Arnold
My name is Amanda and I am mum to 3 young kids and author of a new cookbook called ‘Food before 5’.
‘Food before 5’ is a cookbook with 85 recipes that are easy, affordable and realistic for any home cook. It includes lunch boxes, starters & sides, main meals and desserts that can all be made ahead of time. It is the perfect tool for busy families with that afternoon school rush, people that like to cook in bulk and freeze, students learning to cook and basically anyone who loves simple, tasty recipes.