Travel With Me to Dubai!

I launched my new website design yesterday, and one of the changes I made was to add a Travel section on the blog. Personal and family travel has become important to me now my kids are older, and I am looking to feature more places and adventures in the upcoming years.

The exciting news is I’m going on a blogger getaway that my amazing agent Nuffnang organised with Dubai Tourism. A blogging getaway to Dubai! It’s one of the best places I can think of to do both business and explore. I’m heading over in early December, and will hunt out and feature some of the best family attractions in Dubai.

I’m excited…PLUS there’s a chance for one of YOU and a friend to join me on this trip. All the details are at the end of the post.

This is my “Yay! I’m visiting Dubai” face.

Visiting Dubai

I’ve been Googling Dubai like crazy and I am putting my YAY face on potential places I may visit while I’m there.

Culture & Heritage

Dubai is one of the places on my bucket list.   The main reason is it’s a fascinating place with many contrasts. Dubai marries Arabian traditions with diverse and widespread multiculturalism and this balance is so interesting. There’s a depth to the history of ancient Dubai, and this is displayed in many cultural and arts events. Alongside this history, the city offers cutting edge technology and the modern world at its best.

Visiting Dubai

Shopping

Shopping in the world’s largest mall – The Dubai Mall? Yes please! Just in time for Christmas!

Visiting Dubai - shopping

Family Adventure

I’ll be particularly looking for the best places to visit as a family, like the Dubai Mall Aquarium, Dubai Mall Under Water Zoo and Dubai Ice Rink.

Hotels

A must on my list is to climb to the top of Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building. Burj Khalifa is only just one of the 625 hotel establishments in Dubai. Whether it’s five-star or budget — city stay, beachside resort or a desert retreat – Dubai has it all.

Visiting Dubai - buildings

Outdoors & Adventure

A desert safari, watching wildlife or exploring the beaches: just some of the outdoor adventures available.

Visiting Dubai - desert safari

Visiting the beach at Dubai

Visiting Dubai - wildlife

Events & Festivals

There’s always something fun on! Almost every weekend Dubai hosts at least one remarkable event, with a calendar encompassing arts and sport, food and books, music and lights, heritage, fashion and shopping.

So YAY! A lot of YAYS! Follow along on the journey with my fellow Bloggerati bloggers and maybe you could join me on this trip too!

Join me in Dubai – Win a Dubai Dream Experience

I’m offering an amazing giveaway in the lead up to December. One of you has the chance to travel with me to Dubai and experience the wonder too! To enter, answer this question on your social media channel of choice:

What do you dream of in Dubai?

Here are the details:

1. Entry is by sharing image, text or video on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
  2. You must use both the #NNDubaiDreams and #mydubai hashtags
  3. Entries can be any format as long as they are publically visible
  4. Head over to the Nuffnang Website for all the details here
  5. Read all the terms and conditions here

THE PRIZE

The winner and a +1 receive flights from their nearest capital city, accommodation, and activities in Dubai. Includes flights, accommodation and activities.

GIVEAWY ENDED

You Might Also Like...

20 Comments

Debs
    October 30, 2014 at 10:30 am

Oh your pics totally cracked me up! Can’t wait to embark on this adventure with you!!! x

Edwina
    October 30, 2014 at 12:21 pm

This looks exciting!!! I’ve never been to Dubai, so looking forward to your adventure! Also as an avid traveller and now a new Mum very keen for places to go around the world that are kid friendly!

stephanie@stephsjoy
    October 31, 2014 at 7:53 am

Loving your Yay face Kelly. Sounds like an awesome adventure!

Melissa {Suger}
    October 31, 2014 at 11:13 am

Well we ALL know I’ll be entering this one. It’ll be like our day for ecco but A MILLION TIMES BETTER. Off I go to come up with something awesome. And this time, I’m bringing my own shoes. 😉

Kelly - Be A Fun Mum
      October 31, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Melissa! Now you’ve potentially spoiled Dubai for me because I desperately want to do a re-run of our ecco day now…IN DUBAI! haha. Big kisses and hugs and hope you win!

Annette
    October 31, 2014 at 12:45 pm

I would love to go to Dubai with you and glad to hear it is kid-friendly though I would miss my child if she was home.

Kelly - Be A Fun Mum
      October 31, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Yes, always miss the kids! It will be interesting to check out the child-friendly places!

Seana - Sydney, Kids, Food + Travel
    November 1, 2014 at 8:57 am

Hi Kelly, I was in Dubai with the four terrors lasy Dec and in jan too, it’s a good time of year to go as weather is more clement. Can I cheekily direct you to my general post at: http://www.seanasmith.com/dubai-stopover-with-kids-family-how-to/

Must say that it’s a place I have mixed feelings about, but we did enjoy our stays there as we travelled two and from Bonnie Scotland. We might end up living in Dubai sooner or later so always keen to hear more about it.

The Emirates flight there is my fave way to spend 14 hours, esp if you can go Business in which case it’s a holiday in itself. But even economy it’s like an all-night movie marathon which people bringing grub – fab!!

Kelly - Be A Fun Mum
      November 1, 2014 at 9:22 am

I agree about Emirates flights. Such great service and experience.

I’m so glad you left your link there; I’ll go have a read.

Amber
    November 1, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Oh lucky you Kelly! I am so going to enter this. Would LOVE to join you all on the Dubai trip. Would be such great content for my new travel with kids site too! Can’t wait to pick your brain and learn about all the secret locals spots too upon your return! Amber xx

Jess
    November 3, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Oh Kelly – Dubai would be amazing!! What a great competition – now to get the thinking cap on for my entry – one can dream – a holiday away from the farm might be a bit tricky to organise but oh so awesome!

Kelly - Be A Fun Mum
      November 4, 2014 at 10:25 am

I hear you Jess! That’s exactly it! It’s always so tricky to organise but so worth it! Look forward to seeing your entry!

Penny at Mother Natured
    November 7, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Oh I want to go so bad. I’d love to see the birds of prey, being a handler myself too. Oh please take me!

Kelly - Be A Fun Mum
      November 7, 2014 at 2:18 pm

We would have such fun Penny! And you would be such a great plane travel partner!