This is a recipe given to me by Kylie. She’s been tweaking recipes trying to get the perfect wrap and finally she nailed it and is sharing it here! She often fills them with nachos mince and her kids love them. Great for dinner or the lunch box.
2 cups of plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 cup of rice bran oil (vegetable oil works too)
3/4 cup of lukewarm water
1. Place all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and mix on speed 6 for 6 seconds.
2. Knead for 1 minute.
3. Take dough out of the bowl, form a ball, wrap in cling wrap and leave it for half an hour.
4. Put a non-stick pan on the stove, medium heat. Depending what stovetop you have, you made need medium to high. (NOTE: Don’t put oil in the pan).
5. Section the dough into 9 even balls.
6. On a floured surface, roll out each section to approximately 20cm. Dust a bit of the flour off and chuck it into the pan. It will bubble up (I always pop the bubbles).
7. Cook on both sides for about 45 seconds to a minute.
6. Stack the wraps on a cake rack on top of each other. TIP: When you’re making a big batch, put them on a plate covered with a tea towel, so the bottom ones don’t get soggy.
I made these recently but I don’t have a Thermomix and they worked really well. Mix all ingredients and then knead for approximately 5 minutes. The rest of the process is the same.
Great for a DIY wrap in the lunch box.
Helene MeurerDecember 17, 2014 at 5:23 am
Nice! So simple yet so delicious… the flavour of freshly made wraps can not be overstated, they taste so much better than what we buy pre-made. Thanks for the reminded of how easy it is to make these 🙂
Kelly - Be A Fun MumDecember 18, 2014 at 11:35 am
NicoleJuly 14, 2015 at 3:07 pm
Do these freeze ok?