Condensed milk, crushed biscuits, coconut and lemon – a match made in heaven. These balls are easy to make whether you have a Thermomix, food processor or do it by hand. They are great to keep in the freezer for when unexpected guests pop around or you just need something sweet to get you through the afternoon. I can’t get enough of these things!
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Lemon Cake Balls (no bake)
Makes 32 balls
1 pkt milk arrowroot biscuits
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
3 tsp lemon rind
1 tin condensed milk (400g)
1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
½ cup extra coconut for rolling (tinted with yellow colouring if you like)
- Process biscuits in a food processor until they resemble crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, you can do this by hand by placing biscuits into a zip lock bag and crushing with a rolling pin.
- Add lemon juice, rind, condensed milk and coconut (1 ½ cups) to the biscuits. Process or mix until combined.
- Roll a tablespoon of mixture into balls and place into extra coconut. Roll around to cover the balls. I tint my extra coconut with a few drops of yellow colouring for effect. Place in airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- 1 pkt milk arrowroot biscuits
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tsp lemon rind
- 1 tin condensed milk (400g)
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut
- ½ cup extra coconut for rolling (tinted with yellow colouring if you like)