I have posted a few healthier recipes on Be A Fun Mum lately but I think it is time to treat ourselves with something completely naughty and delicious. I guess you can say that this is like eating a vanilla slice on steroids. It is quite an impressive dessert to serve guests and can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge. Get the serviettes ready, as it can be a little messy to eat!
Amanda (Simple home cook)
Vanilla & Strawberry Stack
2 sheets puff pastry
¾ cup strawberry jam
600ml thickened cream
100g pkt vanilla instant pudding
Icing sugar to serve
Fresh strawberries to serve
- Preheat oven to 220o Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half to make 4 equal pieces. Place on trays, cover with baking paper & place another tray on top to help keep them flat whilst cooking.
- Bake for 10 mins or until golden. Remove from oven & cool completely.
- Spread jam on 3 sheets of pastry. Warm the jam first to make spreading easier.
- In a large bowl, beat cream & pudding mix together for 1 min or until it forms a thick custard consistency.
- Place a sheet of pastry spread with jam onto a serving platter (jam side up). Spread 1/3 custard on top of the jam. Repeat process with pastry, jam & custard ending with the plain pastry sheet on top.
- Dust with icing sugar & fresh strawberries to serve.
NOTE: Vanilla instant pudding is a small blue packet that can be found in the dessert isle of the supermarket.